Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1: My first ball bath

I have now "dipped my balls in it" for the first time.

It was difficult for me to find an exact description of Voegeli's method. One article did describe it as sitz bath, and I saw no mention of any sort of continuous heating method. So I am going to assume that we use water that starts at 116F and gradually cools over the 45 minutes.

I ordered a sitz bath kit from Amazon and filled it up. For good measure, I put the water bag in a cooler. Unfortunately, it appears our tap water only goes up to 114F. I decided to go forward with the treatment anyway.



Observation Number 1: I liked having 45 minutes of quiet time to read.
Observation Number 2: Sitting on a toilet for 45 minutes is quite uncomfortable. I don't know if I will get used to it with practice, or if it gets worse.

I turned up the hot water heater a bit, and will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment