Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 2: Turn up the heat!

To better interfere with the production of my spermatogonia I slightly adjusted my hot water heater to get something closer to 116F. When I filled up my sitz bath, this time the water was steaming at 118F.

As I settled in, this water was noticeably hotter but not scalding. I tried my best to titrate in flow from the bag as it cooled. At the end of the 45 minutes, the water was somewhere between 97 and 98 degrees. I was hoping it would be above 99. Maybe I can improve this with better control of the water flow.

About 30 minutes in, I developed pretty dense numbness in the left L4-L5 dermatome. It improved with shifting my weight, but positioning is going to be a challenge.

After I was done, my scrotum felt noticeably warmer than usual. I suppose this is a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amused. This post triggered a heated (pun intended) discussion about warm scrotum being pleasing in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete