Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 4: everything's just ducky

I am getting a little more used to the process. I'm not sloshing water around everywhere. Sitting is not as uncomfortable, and my leg didn't go numb.

I'm still working on the water temperature. Today I ended at about 97-98 degrees, but I probably had a higher average temperature throughout the bath.

It is always important for a researcher to describe his methods, so how am I measuring the temperature anyway?


I picked up this little guy at the local mega-mart. The bath thermometers were either ducks or frogs. The duck was obviously cooler because of the sunglasses. Also ducks reproduce by copulation, while frogs participate in amplexus (an external form of pseudocopulation). So I thought the duck would be more appropriate for my task.

No comments:

Post a Comment