Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 5: not much to report

I did a little better titrating the temperature. I kept it above 102F the entire time. But my left leg went numb again.

I have a bit of a stomach ache, but that's probably because of the pizza buffet lunch and large Mediterranean dinner.

It's local standard of care to get 2 semen analyses after a vasectomy. Today I called a patient with lab results. His test showed no sperm. He sounded excited to be able to have sex without fear of pregnancy. His procedure and first test were almost a year ago.

In this 2005 study, 233 (42%) men did not return for 6-week, 3-month, or 1-year post-vasectomy semen analysis (PVSA). Of 551 men, 318 (58%) returned for 6-week PVSA, and 138 (25%) returned for 3-month PVSA. Only 44 (8%) of the 551 eligible for a 1-year analysis returned for PVSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment